Sunday, October 3, 2010

Melo says there is a 50-50 chance he is with team on opening night.


"While the Nuggets continue to ponder possibilities, Carmelo Anthony hasn't yet been traded. Asked Saturday if he thinks he'll be a Nugget come opening night, Melo said: "I don't know, man. I don't know. I'm taking it day by day. It's possible that I will be here opening night."
Then he was asked, "So does that mean it's possible that you won't be?"
"Possible means 50-50," Anthony said. "As long as I'm here, I'm going to lead this team."
Overall, he has tried not to stir the pot with revealing quotes, but Anthony has at least been accommodating to the media this camp, unlike the summer, when he repeatedly turned down interview requests. He has been practicing hard and seemingly enjoying camp thus far.
In regards to who has the upper hand in discussions of his future, Anthony admitted: "I have some say-so, some leverage. But right now, I'm loving basketball, being here in the gym, working out, playing, having fun, talking trash to the guys, that's what keeps me going. . . . Whatever decision I make is for me and my family, nothing else. It doesn't have anything to do with me not liking the team or anything like that. . . .
"Everybody has an opinion, everybody's been calling and wondering what I'm going to do. It's funny to me.""

 The Denver Post/ ProSports Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment